Thursday, December 25, 2008

I suck at wrapping things



So among clothes and some other stuff, I received a Wacom graphics tablet (A Bamboo, if you're curious... those are the cheap ones lol).

The stylus worked w/ hotplugging, but it took a little while to set up properly (apparently Fedora 10 has no xorg.conf by default, but system-config-display will create one for you, from which you can edit it in accordance to the instructions on the Linux Wacom page). Anyway, as is probably plainly obvious, I'm not quite used to it yet; the whole absolute positioning thing confuses me. Hopefully that will improve. At the very least, I can more easily transcribe my terrible handwriting to my computer.

My handwriting has always been atrocious. Even when it's legible, it's ugly. The worst things are ζ and ξ. When somebody dares use those as variables, I just draw squiggly lines because I can't do any better. I haven't run across them both being used in the same context, thankfully.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, I rock at wrapping things. I wrapped my brother's present so that the front had a flap similar to an envelope. Then I filled the envelope with various treats. And I didn't even measure or use a ruler or anything. Mmmmhm.

I am glad you enjoy your tablet. Also, I like your drawings. Spesh the festive pine.